Saturday, April 3, 2010

Understanding

Friday, October 23, 2009 at 12:20pm

*Things I Don't Understand:*

I don't understand the anger.
I don't understand injustice.
I don't understand how those who are supposed to love you unconditionally, can't or won't.
I don't understand close-mindedness.
I don't understand judging me without taking the time to get to know me.
I don't understand how people can take one person's word over another, without checking with the source first.
I don't understand the breakdown of communication beyond repair, caused by words that cannot be taken back.


*Things I Do Understand:*

Warmth
A sincere heart
True Love
Soul Mates
Acceptance, even in the face of disagreement
A baby's laugh
True friendship
And the fact that while you may not be able to choose your family, you can choose whether or not to alienate them and cause pain.

True Love is patient and kind. It is not envious, boastful or proud. True Love is not rude, hurtful, self-seeking or pissy. It does not gain satisfaction over winning "points" in an argument, but seeks the Truth, hand in hand with another.

True Love protects those important to It. Period.

True Love trusts those important to It. Period.

True Love is full of hope and It never fails.

If you are able to commune with The Universe Itself, but don't have True Love, then your communion is worthless. If you know the secrets to the mysteries of the universe, but don't have True Love, then your knowledge is nothing. If you do every good deed you can think of, but don't have True Love, then your life has been wasted.

True Love does not judge. It does more than just accept you for who you are, it embraces who you are and helps you find your way.

No comments: