Saturday, April 3, 2010

Invisible

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 at 1:14pm

When I walk, I am invisible.
No one can see me, except for the dogs.
I pull my hood up over my head, going into Super-Stealth Mode.
I push my way along, turning the earth with my feet.
First this way, then that way,
The earth moves at my whim.
A dog barks as I pass by.
Shh! You'll give me away!
Stupid dog.
Cars pass by me. I am only a ripple in the airwaves to them.
They avoid me out of instinct, though they know not why.
I meet another walker. We acknowledge one another with a slight turn of the head.
He is invisible too, but we are not to each other.
I notice the dogs don't bark when he passes by. I must learn this technique.
When I walk, I am invisible.
My jeans give me away. They make a rhythmic sound as I walk, but only on the right side.
I notice a familiar turn in the road.
The fairies still haven't picked up their sprocket they carelessly left behind.
I see the grill plate too. Sloppy, sloppy fairies.
Maybe I'll pick those items up for them, so they can stay invisible too.
It's a beautiful power to have, invisibility.
Don't you wish you had it too?

No comments: