Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Hulk Hogan and American Heros

September 11, 2001

We all remember where we were; what we were doing; how we felt. Many of us lost loved ones that day, but even those who didn't, felt like America had been cut off at the knees. The silent whisper of "We Shall Never Forget" has been echoing for ten years now.

If you think this is another sappy, feel-good blog about 9/11, think again. I did nothing special to commemorate that day, as I have done nothing special for the past 9 years (I did light a candle on the first anniversary) except to reflect quietly for a few moments here and there throughout the day.

I saw Facebook littered with, "Where were you?" posts and their responses. I didn't read any of them. I've said it so many times, where I was, how I was feeling, that I didn't feel the need to say it one more time. And I didn't necessarily feel the need to read where others were or what they were doing when the towers fell. This is not to belittle or diminish others' grief in any way, of course. I just didn't personally feel the need.

One post, however, did catch my eye. It was a link to a youtube video. The title of the video is, "Hulk Hogan Attacks World Trade Center!!!" and without much of a thought either positive, or negative, I clicked the link.

Warning: The following video may completely disgust and anger you. Click and view at your own risk.



I'm not sure which is more offensive, the supposed "levity" of the video, or the fact that it is so poorly done, to say that it is a complete piece of shit is such an understatement, that I might as well say, "Water is wet." That's what I get for being married to a video/special effects guy.

The "Facebook Friend" that posted this video is known for his controversial posts, but in nearly every case, save this one, I've actually enjoyed what he's had to say. I commented under his post that I found this video to be distasteful, to say the least. His response was disturbing. He basically said that people need to "get over it" .... it's been 10 years.... move on already.

I don't even know how to begin to respond to that.

He also claimed that stuff like this happens in "several middle-eastern countries on a daily basis."

Let me give you a few facts from 9/11, and then tell me again, with a straight face, that this happens in several middle-eastern countries on a daily basis:




  • Total number killed in attacks (official figure as of 9/5/02): 2,819
  • Number of firefighters and paramedics killed: 343
  • Number of NYPD officers: 23
  • Number of Port Authority police officers: 37
  • Number of WTC companies that lost people: 60
  • Number of employees who died in Tower One: 1,402
  • Number of employees who died in Tower Two: 614
  • Number of employees lost at Cantor Fitzgerald: 658
  • Number of U.S. troops killed in Operation Enduring Freedom: 22
  • Number of nations whose citizens were killed in attacks: 115
  • Ratio of men to women who died: 3:1
  • Age of the greatest number who died: between 35 and 39
  • Bodies found "intact": 289
  • Body parts found: 19,858
  • Number of families who got no remains: 1,717

  • (taken from http://nymag.com)

    Hell, tell me with a straight face that any of that has taken place once in any middle-eastern country, and I'll come lick your boots.

    So to the dick-wad who created that video: You can keep your followers who actually gave you a thumbs-up on it and then left comments like, "Hulk hogan we're coming for you nigga," and "ME TOO BORTHER! ALL THE HULKAMANIACS NEED TO GET TOGETHER AND RUN WILD ON ALL THESE LITTLE PANSIES CRYING ABOUT THE PAST!" [sic], I say to you, fuck off, you third grade, wannabe gangsta pieces of shit. Go get a high school diploma and grow the hell up.

    No comments: