Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Fireants and Gangrene

Okay.... I have something to bitch about today.

Fireants.

I really don't know what God was thinking on this one. They are the most prolific little shits to ever crawl the earth. They are tiny.... TINY, yet one bite will affect me for a minimum of a week and in one case, up to three years.

Yes, you read that right. Three years.

Actually, it's pushing four years now, but what happened is I was happily watching a parade one day, had my sandles on, and BAM! Got bit on the foot, right between the pinkie and, uhm, I guess that would be the "ring" toe. It burned and itched and swelled up something fierce. Several weeks later, my skin started peeling to the point that I've lost my pinkie toenail not once, but three times now (it's grown back each time, obviously.... don't get ahead of me here).

So, okay. Now I have what looks like gangrene on my left foot from one ant bite. Fine. Here's my real issue. These damn ants seem to find their way to wherever I am, be it inside or outside, and they bite me. But they don't just bite me anywhere..... Nooooooo...

Any guesses? That's right. They bite me on my left foot. And they bite me all in that same general area of the first bite; around the toes and more towards the pinkie toe than the big toe.

WHAT THE F%$K IS GOING ON?!?!?

I just got bit again this morning, for the upteenth time. I mean, it's bad enough that any sort of insect bite causes half my body to swell, but these ant bites are the WORST. And why must they always find my left foot? You'd think they'd want to mix it up a little bit and bit on the right foot for a change of pace.

If anyone has any ideas as to why this is happening, I'd love to hear 'em.

God, about that fireant thing? We gotta talk....

No comments: